Terms & Conditions (CoachKings)* Please note that Apple is not a sponsor nor involved in any way in the operation of the CoachKings competition.
GeneralThese are the CoachKings Website Terms and Conditions of Use (Terms) of CoachKings Australia Pty Limited (ACN 606 277 258) (CoachKings, coachkings.com.au, Our, We, Us). Venues means the hotels, pubs, RSL’s, club’s and other physical locations that have subscribed to the CoachKings service offering.
The Website means www.coachkings.com.au. The Website is owned and operated by Us. You and Your means the person using, browsing or otherwise accessing any content or data on the Website, including any subdomains of the Website, or related top-level domains including www.coachkings.com.au, mobile sites, apps, APIs and widgets (together, Our Websites).
We reserve the right to change any of the Terms or other Conditions for using Our Websites at any time by publishing new terms or conditions on the Website. Your use of Our Websites constitutes. Your acceptance of those terms and conditions. Should you object to any of Our terms and conditions of use or other notices on Our Websites Your sole option is to immediately cease Your use of Our Websites. You also acknowledge and agree that by using Our Websites, You agree to be bound by the “Rules, Scoring & Prizes” of each contest. A link to these can be found on the team player selection page of every contest.
Your use of information on our site including results, fixture lists, statistics, data and news posted on Our Website is at Your own risk. Other than as expressly set out in these Terms and to the extent permitted by law, We make no warranty as to the accuracy or reliability of the information contained on Our Websites or in Our publications (including, but not limited to, any content or information generated on Our Websites by or on behalf of Us, and any Third Party Content on Our Websites). We and Our related entities, directors, officers and agents disclaim all liability and responsibility for any direct or indirect loss or damage which may be suffered by any recipient through relying on anything contained in or omitted from Our Websites or publications.
If You wish to become a registered member of Our Websites You will need to register for a member account (Account). You must complete all details in accordance with the instructions on the Website. To ensure a fair and even competition occurs within venues users are only allowed to register one unique account with CoachKings. Users can only participate in a particular contest within a venue once and any users entering multiple teams utilising multiple accounts across several venues will be deemed ineligible for prizes
We may refuse to grant an application for an Account made by any person without giving a reason for such refusal. You are not authorised to enter contests on Our Websites or otherwise until you have been granted an Account. You must be over 18 years of age to play on Our Websites.
It is the responsibility of the player to open an account with a “player name” that is considered reasonable. No names of an offensive nature will be tolerated and Player names will be changed at the discretion of CoachKings. This includes names of a sexual, religious or personally offensive nature.
SecurityAccess to Your Account and to add to, delete or modify content on Your Account is password protected. You must memorise Your password or store Your password in a safe and secure place. You agree that You will not disclose Your password to anyone or allow any other person to access or use Your Account.
If You believe there has been any malicious activity on Your Account it is Your responsibility to advise Us at [email protected]
Restrictions on use of Our Websites
In accessing or using Our Websites you agree that you will not:
1. use any automated device, software, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index Our Websites or any content on Our Websites without Our express prior written consent;
2. use any device, software, process or means to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of Our Websites;
3. undertake any action that will impose a burden or make excessive traffic demands on Our infrastructure that We deem, in Our sole discretion to be unreasonable or disproportionate site usage;
4. use or index any content or data on Our Websites for purposes of competing with Us in any manner that we have not specifically authorised;
5. transmit spam, chain letters, contests, junk email, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not;
6. use Our Websites or any content from Our Websites in any manner which is, in Our sole discretion, not reasonable and / or not for the purpose it is made available;
7. violate the rights of any person, including copyright, trade secret, privacy right, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
8. pose as any person or entity or attempt to solicit money, passwords or personal information from any person; act in violation of any Term or condition of use of Our Websites
9. reproduce, republish, retransmit, modify, adapt, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit Our Websites or any content on Our Websites, except as expressly authorised by us; or
10. transmit or attempt to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature. We reserve the right to exercise whatever means we deem necessary to prevent unauthorised access to or use of Our Websites, including, but not limited to, instituting technological barriers, or reporting your conduct to any person or entity.
11. Share CoachKings Entry Codes with anyone not onsite in a CoachKings venue or receive CoachKings Entry Codes while not onsite in the Venue. Anyone found sharing CoachKings Entry Codes with someone not onsite in a CoachKings Venue or receiving CoachKings Entry Codes while not onsite in a CoachKings Venue will be ineligible for prizes and qualifications.
Unless indicated otherwise, all intellectual property in Our Websites is owned or licensed by Us. Subject to these Terms, You agree that You will not infringe Our intellectual property as contained in Our Websites and will not modify, copy, republish, frame, distribute or communicate any part of Our Websites or any information contained in it or otherwise use Our Websites in a way which will infringe Our intellectual property or other rights.
Use of Information
You agree that content You provide to Us in the course of accessing or using Our Websites, will be available to Us to use in any manner We think fit subject to applicable provisions of any legislation including, without limitation, privacy legislation.
You agree, and continuously represent and warrant each time You access Your Account and Our Websites that You will not upload or otherwise provide any content which:
1. is inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, incomplete, defamatory, fraudulent, unlawful, tortious or confidential;
2. infringes the intellectual or other proprietary interests of third parties;
3. contains spam, computer viruses, computer code, files or programs or other harmful components that are designed to interrupt, destroy, change or limit the functionality of Our Websites or any other computer software, hardware or other electronic equipment, information which in any way impinges on another user's use or enjoyment of Our Websites or otherwise breaches or encourages other users to breach these Terms;
4. violates any law, statute or regulation; and/or
5. forges information to disguise the origin of any Content. Third Party Content
Our Websites contain content provided to Us by other parties (Third Party Content). This includes the information relating to sport, fantasy sport, player news and player stats. We are not responsible for, do not endorse and make no representations either expressly or impliedly concerning Third Party Content. Third Party Content does not represent Our views. You rely on Third Party Content completely at Your own risk.
A Player (You, Them, They, Their) is defined as someone who visits the CoachKings website and participates in a CoachKings contest in a registered CoachKings venue. It is Your responsibility as a Player to familiarise Yourself with the terms and conditions of CoachKings fantasy footy events. A Player must be an individual aged over 18 years of age.
It is the responsibility of the Player to enter a CoachKings contest as per the terms and conditions of the website. It is the Players responsibility to be onsite in a registered CoachKings venue with a working mobile device with location services enabled. It is the Players responsibility to enter a contest within the rules of the website and to enter their team and make team changes at the correct time. It is the responsibility of the Player to familiarise themselves with the rules of a CoachKings contest in order to give themselves the best user experience.
A CoachKings contest is an event held over an individual football (AFL/NRL) match. The contest is run within the rules stated on the website and begins from the first bounce or kick off of each respective match and finishes at the final siren of each match. The contest is deemed complete once the final scores are finalised and the “Game Over” indicator appears on the website. Winning players are eligible to collect venue prizes (supplied at the venues discretion) at the completion of the contest and will have qualified into their Venue Final. The result of an individual contest will have no bearing on other contests. All winners are deemed as final as per website scoreboards at the completion of the contest.
Ineligibility of CoachKings/Full House Group Employees
Full House Group employees as well as CoachKings employees and contractors are ineligible to play and win prizes in CoachKings contests. This includes weekly contests and Quarter Finals.
Venues may offer prizes for top performers at their weekly competitions or at their Quarter Final. These prizes are provided at the Venues discretion. A Venue may choose to allocate prizes for Half Time Leader, Full Time Leader, Quarter Final Winner and Highest Weekly or for one of/ or a combination of those Prizes. These prizes will be distributed by the venue and it is the Players responsibility to see Venue staff to claim any Prizes they may have won. CoachKings takes no responsibility for the distribution of these prizes. CoachKings sends an email with the contest details including participants and results to the Venue Representative allowing them to award prizes (if they have any allocated).
CoachKings may award national prizes for contests. National Prize winners will be contacted via email to notify them of the details of collecting their prize. If awarding a cash prize CoachKings may ask for Your bank account details to deposit any monetary prizes. Other prizes may need to be collected from CoachKings Head Office. If prizes are requested to be mailed there may be an additional cost requested by CoachKings to distribute the prize
CoachKings Quarter Finals
The top 3 individual Players from any contest at each Venue qualify for the next CoachKings $10K quarter final. Each Player can have up to 5 entries into each $10K Quarter Final. Players who have qualified for a CoachKings quarter final will be notified via email of their qualification during the week leading up to the event.The Quarter Final Schedule for 2017 is as follows:
QF 1 – GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs – Friday 28th April
QF 2 – Adelaide vs St Kilda – Friday 9th June
QF 3 – Adelaide vs Geelong – Friday 21st July
QF 4 – TBA – Friday 15th September
In the unlikely event of a tie the tied entrants will share their respective position prizes. Eg, a tie between two players for first will see both players share 1st and 2nd prize ($3,000 + $2,000 = $2,500 each) with the next best performing player taking third.
Venue Entry Code
In order to gain entry in any CoachKings Contest each individual user will need to enter the applicable Venue Entry Code.
The unique six digit Venue Entry Code is displayed clearly on every CoachKings Scoreboard located in every Venue. Users can save their team away from their Venue but must be in the Venue and have entered the Venue code to participate in a contest.
In order to view Venues that are closest to you in the CoachKings Venue Lobby and enter a Contest a Player must activate location services on Their mobile device. This is done at the Players discretion, however if a Player chooses not to activate location services on Their mobile device They will be able to view participating CoachKings Venues in alphabetical order or use the Venue Search function to locate a Venue.
Live & Final Scores
Live scoring for all CoachKings contests entered are available in the “Live” section of Coachkings.com.au. Player scores are updated every thirty seconds. CoachKings uses Champion Data for AFL and NRL statistics, Any changes to the official player statistics or perceived errors after the point scores are made final will not be taken into account and claims that a contest participant’s entry has been affected will not be considered.
Tied Contest Entrant Scores
When two or more Players are tied on equal scores for Venue Prizes then Prizes will be allocated at the Venues discretion. If two or more Players are equal Winners at the completion of a venue contest then both Players will qualify for Their Quarter Final.
Where an actual real-life game fixture which forms part of a contest is cancelled the CoachKings contest based on that game is considered null and void. No Venue Prizes will be allocated and no Players will qualify for the Quarter Final based off that particular game.
Uncontrollable Circumstances & Technical Issues
If, for any reason, a contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, power failure, unforeseen events, fraud, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of CoachKingscom.au, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, integrity or proper conduct of a contest, CoachKings.com.au reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, subject to any applicable laws, including cancelling all entries on the contest.
CoachKings takes no responsibility for any issues which may arise from any technical difficulties experienced by Venues or Players. These issues include, but are not limited to, Wi-Fi/data provider issues, smart phone issues, GPS or battery life issues. No recourse will be entered into for any technical issues experienced.
All CoachKings players are bound by the terms and conditions of CoachKings, the website and individual contests as well as the expected behaviour when onsite in a registered CoachKings venue. CoachKings reserves the right to ban any player for any behaviour or action not considered to be within the spirit of the game (CoachKings contest). Players can also be banned from CoachKings for poor behaviour within a registered CoachKings venue. CoachKings venues have the right to ban players from their venue for poor behaviour. Any player bans from the CoachKings website are done at the discretion of CoachKings and all decisions are final. Venue bannings are done at the discretion of the venue and all decisions are final. A Player who has qualified for a Quarter Final but has been banned from that Venue will not be able to play in the Quarter Final and will not be eligible to enter a Quarter Final at another Venue.
Complaints and Dispute Resolution
Any Complaints or requests for Dispute Resolution can be directed to (email) and will be directed to the appropriate parties. You can expect to hear back from CoachKings.com.au within three business days in regards to your Complaint or request for Dispute Resolution.
Limitation Of Liability
You agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, We are not liable to You or anyone else for any loss or damage (including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss) arising as a result of breach of these Terms, in tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising out of, or in connection, with:
1. the use of Our Websites;
2. any Content You upload or otherwise provide;
3. the use by Us of information provided by You to Us through Our Websites;
4. being unable to access Our Websites for whatever reason and however arising, including (without limitation) negligence;
5. the failure of Our Websites for whatever reason and however arising including (without limitation) negligence; and/or
6. the use of Your password by You or any third party to whom You have made the password available. We expressly limit, and You agree, Our liability for breach of a condition or warranty implied or a consumer guarantee imposed by virtue of any legislation to the supply of the services again or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again (the choice of which is to be at Our sole discretion).
You indemnify Us against any action, liability, claim, loss, damage, proceeding, expense (including legal costs) suffered or incurred by Us, arising from, or which is directly or indirectly, related to:
1. Your breach or non-observance of any of these Terms;
2. any Content You upload or otherwise provide;
3. any breach or inaccuracy in any representations or warranties made to Us; and/or
4. any breach, or alleged breach, of intellectual or other proprietary rights or interests of third parties. These terms were last updated on the 30/03/2016